President – Central Board of Cricket Association, Gujarat
Vice President – Gujarat State Cricket Association
- GSFC is a key institution that provides term loans and working capital to small scale enterprises and plays a pivotal role in their growth and progress.
- Under the leadership of Amit Bhai, for the first time in the history, GSFC’s net profit rose to 214%
- He converted GSFC into a Public Limited Company and successfully launched its IPO
- During his tenure GSFC initiated lending for commercial truck purchase, land transactions and working capital term loan etc.
- For the first time Amit Bhai created posts of Director, Deputy Director, and Coach at GCA academy. His thoughtful initiative ensured better training for youngsters which resulted in a number of young players getting included in India’s U-19 cricket team.
- It’s Amit Bhai’s vision and commitment that the deposit base of GCA has gone up to Rs. 163 crore from Rs. 22.25 crores.
- Earlier, only those players who have played a minimum of 24 Ranji matches received pension from BCCI. Today however, thanks to the initiative taken by Amit Bhai players who have played even one Ranji match from Gujarat are entitled to get this pension. Even wives of former cricketers now get pension and this has given a big boost to their financial security.
- Ahmedabad’s Motera Stadium is now being redeveloped as one of the most modern stadiums in the world.